Woodland Mushroom Tart
This wonderful Woodland Mushroom Tart is truly delicious dish, perfect for dinner parties as a easy starter or as a great mid week meal!
Ingredients - Serves 6
400g Mixed Woodland Mushrooms (Could include, Shiitake, Oyster, Maitake, Eryngi, Enoki, Shimeji) (you can buy here) 1 Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet 60g Red Pesto 160g Brie 1 tbsp Oil Salt & Pepper (seasoning) Side Salad (as an accompaniment)
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Slice the Eryngii Mushroom, quarter the Shiitake mushrooms and split the cluster of Shiro Shimeji mushrooms.
3. Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened. 4. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry onto a large tray.
5. Spread the pesto (60g = 1/3 of a jar approx.) over the pastry evenly.
6. Thinly slice the brie then layer it over the pesto.
7. Top the pastry with the mushrooms, spreading evenly over the brie.
8. Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg in order to give it a glazed finish.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown and the
cheese has melted.
10. Serve the tart with a crisp side salad for a delicious light meal, perfect for dinner parties!